With the Gouks, Egglestons and sundry other friends at the 2015 Masters.
The best sporting event of the year is forty-eight hours away. The Masters, a tradition unlike any other. Last year we spent five days at Augusta National. This year I’ll be watching CBS’s coverage from casa de Jenkins, munching on pimento cheese sandwiches all the while. And because it is the best sporting event of the year, there will be a pool.
- THE MONEY. $20 buy in.
- WHAT TO DO.
- Pick ONE player from each of the six categories below.
- E-mail your picks to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In Subject line put your name and Masters Picks, so Smith — Masters Picks. In body of your e-mail write your picks: (A) Smith, (B) Jones, (C) Wilson, etc.
- Pay your $20 entry fee before Thursday morning. Deliver to me (Nick Jenkins) on playground or Paypal to email@example.com. In “for” line make it “Masters Party.” DO NOT mention a pool or betting. No limit to entries; offspring encouraged to play (gotta learn about The Masters at some point.)
- HOW I’LL PAY
- At the conclusion of each round, I’ll add up the cumulative overall standings of each participants players. Lowest cumulative standing wins. (The perfect score would be 6, where each of your six players is tied for first. Will never happen, but you get the idea.)
- I’ll pay out 20% of the purse to the leader after the first round; 20% to the leader after the second round; 20% to the leader after the third round; and 40% to the leader at the end of the tournament. (By “leader” I mean the participant with the lowest cumulative standing.)
FINE PRINT: For the third and fourth rounds, players who miss the cut will get a score of the number of players who make the cut +1. Thus if 46 players make the cut and you have a guy who missed it, he’ll get a score of 47.
Adam Scott, Bubba Watson, Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Rory McIlroy
Brandt Snedeker, Charl Schwartzel, Danny Willett, Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson, Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Rose, Louis Oosthuizen, Patrick Reed, Zach Johnson
Branden Grace, Brooks Koepka, Jimmy Walker, Marc Leishman, Matt Kuchar, Paul Casey, Sergio Garcia
Justin Thomas, Bill Haas, Harris English, Ryan Moore, Jason Dufner, Kevin Kisner, Charley Hoffman, J.B. Holmes, Ian Poulter, Kevin Na
Martin Kaymer, Lee Westwood, Angel Cabrera, Billy Horschel, Shane Lowry, Danny Lee, Byeong Hun An, Kevin Streelman, Andy Sullivan
Keegan Bradley, Victor Dubuisson, Chris Kirk, Graeme McDowell, Webb Simpson, David Lingmerth, Bernd Wiesberger, Jamie Donaldson, Scott Piercy, Russell Knox, Emiliano Grillo, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Hunter Mahan, Ernie Els, Anirban Lahiri, Daniel Berger, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Chris Wood, Bryson DeChambeau
Read Full Post »